Our session on 28th March explores accessing the terrain of coaching beyond words by means of working with art. Book now with Eventbrite.
APECS member Anna Sheather has developed an innovative approach to coaching practice drawing on learning from art therapy practice and neuroscience. She’ll lead us through an experiential and fun session that will create a space for us to discover how using an art-based approach can deepen and enrich our coaching conversations; leading to transformational shifts in personal awareness, understanding and meaning.
There is no requirement to be able to draw or consider yourself creative, just a requirement to come with an open mind and a willingness to give it a go. All materials will be provided.
The session will include:
- What we mean by ‘art in coaching’
- A snippet of history around art, communication and the healing professions
- Why this approach is so beneficial for our practice, including an introduction to some of the neuroscience
- What happens when we work in this way through exploring our own images
- Through co-coaching seeing how to facilitate building a bridge between a coachee’s image and themselves; taking a person centred approach and working beyond words
- Taking time to discuss our experiences and thoughts around this approach
Anna is an executive coach and coach supervisor who also paints. “I have developed and grown as a coach,” she tells us, “The more I have been drawn to combining my passion for creating with my passion for coaching. It was a discussion with my own coach supervisor that spurred me on when he said ‘we are very fortunate as we can choose where to put our energy’. That was all it took and off I went researching, talking and reading; exploring the history of art and communication, art therapy, neuroscience, mindfulness and how we use creativity in coaching – bringing it all together as ‘Art in Coaching’.”
Anna trained with Henley Business School more than 12 years ago and accredited with APECS. She runs her own coaching practice, Elan Coaching, working with coachees from a variety of different sectors, most of whom are leaders or are developing to be leaders. You can follow her on Twitter @art_incoaching.
Art in Coaching
28th March 2017, 6.30pm to 8.30pm
Space in Marylebone, 10 Daventry Street, London NW1 5NX
Members £30; Non-members £35